8 tbsps. (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsps. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. natural liquid smoke flavor
3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 (about 2-lbs.) center cut salmon fillet, skin on in 1 piece
1. Combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, lemon juice, liquid smoke, and red pepper flakes in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat stirring until smooth, 5-7 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
2. Arrange the salmon in a dish just large enough to hold it. Pour the cooled marinade over it and let it stand for 30 minutes turning once.
3. Prepare hot coals for grilling.
4. Oil the grill well and cook the salmon, skin side up, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Then turn over and cook until the fish flakes easily, another 5-7 minutes.
5. Transfer the fish to a platter and serve immediately.
Makes 4 portions