Most of us have memories of our childhood when we used to wake up with the mouth-watering smell of the home cooked food. Every family has a traditional recipe that is passed down from generation to generation. To keep the tradition alive, it is imperative that we respect it and make an effort to nurture it. Family value is something that binds us together and makes the world a better place to stay. Whenever we are in distress, it is the family that we think of. Traditional recipes become a part of family values as it connects the people together on taste. It also distinguishes the people of one family and lineage. These traditional recipes are basically those delicacies which were first prepared by someone in the lineage and passed down to their children.
Modern lifestyle leaves us all quite busy and it becomes extremely difficult to manage the kitchen and cook food as was done by our grandparents. The hectic schedule leaves little time for anyone to hone their traditional cooking skills and improve the traditional recipes. However, there are new and innovative ways for both men and women using which they can preserve the food tradition of their family and also pass it down to their children so that the traditional culinary skills that has been practiced for so many years stays forever. It is one of the best ways to pay tribute to our forefathers for what they have done for us.
• There is a sentimental value attached to the traditional recipes and dishes and hence must be preserved and nurtured so that it is passed on to the future generation.
• It is a befitting homage to our ancestors who have passed on the legacy to us and expect us to pass it on to the new generation.
• There is a unique value associated with the traditional food of the family and speaks highly of your family and the tradition.
• Following such tradition develops a binding force in the family and keeps the family united.
Teach your Children to Respect and Understand the Importance of Family Traditional Recipes
The children must be made to respect the traditions and cultures that a family follows. One of such traditions that a family preserves is traditional recipes and culinary skills. Obviously, it is not possible to follow each and every traditional recipe as the lifestyle has completely changed. Earlier women concentrated mainly in the kitchen and honed their culinary skills. The recipes were experimented with and mastered when many women used to be in the kitchen and a common consensus would finalize the recipes. In today’s world, due to the lack of time, women cannot imagine to spend so much of their time in the kitchen as they have a lot of other things to do
Advantages of Passing down the Traditional Recipes to your Children
• Emotional quotient associated with Traditional recipes
• It is dedicated to those who passed down the amazing traditional recipe to us
• Traditional recipes and culinary skills foster unity in the family because of the sentiments that are associated with them.
Summary: In this day and age, we have started to lose touch with our traditions. Something as simple as teaching our children a family recipe, can help change this.
The Benefits of Teaching Our Children to Cook